Sunday, May 6, 2012

Garden success!

Who knew that growing some lettuce and potatoes and onions could be so easy?  Put the seed in the ground, walk away, water it a bit, and watch the plants appear!!

The caterpillars and ants may be attacking in a destructive sort of way as I type, so I need to revel in my past 3 nights' salads' glories quickly :)  I'm not sure what to do about the roly polys either... Oh, bugs!  So forgive my bragging, but I'm sure my success won't last too long!

 April 8th- Still small, but showing signs of growth...
 April 14th- Definitely growing, awesome baby lettuce!  This is when I realized I totally planted the potato plants too close together.  Oops!  We'll see what happens.
 April 22nd- Now I think the bed is too small!  The potato plants are taking over!  The lettuce is looking good here, though.  And, if you can believe it, I think everything has doubled since this last picture was taken!
This is one of my hanging baskets with ferns and lobelia--looking good! It's amazing how 2 baskets can really brighten up the front of the house.

My salad, with chickpeas, sunflower seeds and craisins, and the lettuce is fresh from the garden !

No comments:

Post a Comment